Monday, November 19, 2012

A Happy Place

I want to if I can today share with you what's one of my number one happy places in the world, Happy Gilmore has his own happy place and so do I. Mine I stumbled across this last summer on a road trip in the northern United States. The place is the spectacular Glacier National Park of Montana and it's northern part of the park across the border in Canada, Waterton Lakes National Park.

I'll start with sharing some of the scenery I saw. Now these were shot in August so I must warn you, if your in a fall/winter state of mind and all set for the holiday season this may break your psyche. (Spoiler Alert!) This may put you back in a summer state of mind. I was reflecting on these this morning pondering the hopeful idea of going back next summer. No doubt this is the cure for the wintertime blues. If you can't tell already, I'm a warmer weather person. I'm not liking the cold in the air and the shortening days. Take me back to my happy place!

The Entrance of the Going To The Sun Road via the west gate of the park.

 I stopped for a break shortly after getting in to admire the scenery as I had been driving that morning from Kalispell and needed to get out and stretch my legs.
 This is the spectacular McDonald Lake. In the background is Heaven's Peak. We'll see more of that later from the other side and I must say it's a sight to see.
 The waters here are very pristine.
 I certainly want to come back someday and camp here, maybe even fish if it's allowed.
 Picturesque trees near the shore.

This is just the tip of the glacier as I captured plenty more that I'll share with you in near future posts. I thought this was just going to be another average old mountains and woods drive when I passed through here that day, it was way more than I ever dreamed it could be. I saw much more scenery than I could imagine and a place that is hard to put words to. Not much would do it justice. Coming up later: waterfalls, soaring peaks, lush high mountain meadows, flowers and mountain goats. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment