Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Place Part 2


Good morning all! This seems like a fine day to crack open some more summer state of mind. It's a bit chilly outside this morning so let me drop some more happy place medicine on your soul. Glacier is the place!

 Time to bolt from Lake McDonald and keep on heading east.
 My first Glacier river rapids. I'm no stranger to rapids but these ones here are big and wide.
 

There's lots of gallons of water gushing past these rocks, yes indeed.
 

 Still in the river bottom areas, soon the Going To The Sun Road will ascend.
 Another glimpse of Heaven's Peak from below.



 Summer time road construction just had to be inevitable. Never the less it can't detract from the surroundings.

 Straight ahead is where I'm going. The road will rap around up there in place where grey alpine karst is greeted by unbelievable lush greenery.
I'll leave you guys here with this parting photo, there's plenty more to come. It's only getting better from here. What lies ahead I can only describe as ascending into a high alpine world that takes on the sort of vivid sights only the minds eye can conjure up as being something like you'd expect to see in the Lord of The Rings. To me there are few places in this world that reality and fiction combine in the perfect marriage however is a match made in heaven in Glacier National Park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment