Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Happy Place Part 5

 
Today has been a great day and thus it feels like another lucky day to reflect on some more Glacier National Park, I dunno November 28th is just a good lucky day to share more awesome scenery. It seems like it would take an eternity for me to get through what I've seen in that amazing park. This was just the drive through. I can't wait until I get the chance to go back someday and camp there for the better part of the week hiking through it's many trails.
 
To be frank about it. Glacier is one of the better places on this planet that I've seen that would be fit for wedding ceremonies, possible honey moons and even a place to scatter one's ashes (for those that choose that option) who would not want to be amongst one of the world's most pretty places? I suppose I'm reflecting very deeply on it and still overwhelmed by it's grandeur a whole three months after the fact. I totally understand the lure of tropical southern climates that people choose for important trips such as the first two reasons I listed above, but for those that yearn for something more out of the box different, maybe a northern climate woodland alternative, this has great, or better yet, EPIC potential. It's majestic beauty fits those occasions well. You don't need to take my advice, see for yourself.
 
 
 






One of the best drives in the world.



Mt. Oberlin, an outstanding landmark on the "Going To The Sun" road.

It's cloaked by the flowers but this area is ripe with plant life from stream running past the rocks at the upper left part of the frame. The fresh scent this place produces in August is as good as an outdoor flower shop. I'd stand here all day huffing on the Glacier mountain clovers and flowers if I could.

Perfection.

The grade of the road combined with the slope of the windshield produces a nearly perfect perpendicular alignment with the background mountain top.
I must say before I leave you here at this. The very next installment of Glacier photos will be mountains goats and waterfalls. I know it's a spoiler alert but it's the cherry on the mountain top so to speak of with Glacier. After that however, there will be a couple of segments dedicated to the east side of the park and the way out. What's coming up down the road, literally after the summit is the descent to the intensely pristine, surreal and gorgeous St. Mary's Lake and you don't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment