Friday, December 14, 2012

Day of Sorrow

So I wanted to write about something else today, but I feel overwhelmed with sadness right now. For my stateside readers, you all know what I'm talking about. For my readers around the globe, if you have not heard the news, your just waking up to it or it is slow trickling in, there was an awful cold blooded massacre at an elementary school in the state of Connecticut today. It's hard to fathom, it's sickening to even ponder.

It's still much too soon to know a whole lot about this but many good people have perished today, a majority of them children whom had their whole lives ahead of them. It's a crying shame, the kind of potential talent and good they had to offer to this world.. now lifeless. This is immensely difficult to stomach here upon the holiday season.

When I started this blog, I intended it to be escapism to both me the writer and you the reader. The aim has been something freeing of the mind and soul by bringing fun things onto the blog. It won't be often that I touch on world events here but out of respect for the events of the day, today's post is dedicated to those effected by this senseless tragedy.

I'm asking all who are reading this, if your the praying type, in whatever way you pray, please pray for the families and the victims. There's a whole lot of sadness in this dark hour and some good vibes, thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. Hold candle light vigils, lower flags to half staff, go on a nature walk, and meditate. Tell the people closest and most important to you how much you they mean to you, if you have kids be thankful and tell them you love them as cheesy as that sounds. Do whatever you got to do to honor the lives of those we've lost today.

That's all. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment