Thursday, December 27, 2012

Surgery Day

I just wanted to inform my readers that I may be taking a little break in my blogging here for a day or two, or three, perhaps less as I spring back very quick. I'm going into a surgery later today so I might be out and down for a little while. This is not much to worry about, I've had surgeries all my life. This one is significant but relatively minor in comparison, I'm happy it's not like the last one. Last one was some ten hours under anesthesia, higher risk of complications which did occur. I unexpectedly found myself in the intensive care unit for a little over 3 days after coming out, there was a lot of bleeding, phenomena, collapsed lungs and breathing problems. That was the the biggest one in my life, the one that put me into uncharted territory as far as I ever wanted to go. I experienced many wild things that in all my surgeries I'd never experienced before, many things I've yet told anybody the full extent of. It certainly left me with new outlook on life burned into my memory. One thing about it, before that last surgery I had a gut feeling about something an unlike others in the past I was nearly a nervous breakdown before it happened. Yes, every surgery there's a little nervousness but after so many it gets routine except for ones like the last, then even those are hard to comprehend for somebody that's had a lifetime of medical operations under their belt. Fortunately I don't have anything like that feeling right now. I cringe a little at the needle parts despite having a lifetime of surgical needles put in my arm and cringe a little at that walk from the waiting room down the cold hallway to the operation bed or table. Then there's always that last glance at people and gazing at the walls and ceiling before I completely black out. Then the recovery room next, where they better damn well remove the catheter before I wake, I hate those things! Right before the surgery last time I spent my time in the waiting room joking, laughing and smiling. It's the best I could do to calm myself. I listened to country music on my MP3 player as it was very calming. I remember high on my play list of songs was the music of The Band Perry and other genres of mainly calming acoustic music. Anybody that knows me knows I listen to just about everything, and I mean just about everything, my musical tastes and appreciation range all over yet the acoustic set the atmosphere of the last surgery, maybe this one too.

I want to write about what I found Wyoming ASAP, you don't want to miss it.. it was of a rather prehistoric nature, I believe.

That's all, wish me luck and I wish my readers best of luck in whatever endeavors or challenges they face today.

No comments:

Post a Comment